Treasured Memories Scrapbook Store

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 2008 Newsletter

Have you ever stopped to think about what you would do without scrapbooking in your life? Even though we are celebrating our 11th anniversary next month, a different form of scrapbooking has been crafted in households for over 50 years. 

 

My mom is 82 years old and has shown me albums she made of our family when she was younger. She has taught me the importance of recording life's special moments. How we scrapbook is different now, as all things typically evolve in life. But why we scrapbook still remains the same and is the core of why we love this hobby. Documenting our family histories can be done in so many different methods; from a traditional 12x12 album, a mini book, an art decor project that hangs in the family room to digital layouts & projects - they are all wonderful ways of preserving what's important in our lives.

 

I'm sure we all go through dry spells with scrapbooking. I know I have. I just wish I had more time in my life to devote to my hobby. I'm looking forward to our guest speaker, Stacy Julian, on Friday, June 6th as I think her lecture will really hit home with me and motivate me to find more time to scrapbook. She will be speaking about how scrapbooking can bring clarity and balance to our everyday lives. Don't we all need clarity and balance brought to our crazy lives????  More power to you if you don't, but I will be the first here to admit that I do! We still have a few spots a available, call the store if you're interested in participating in this terrific event.

 

On a sad note, I just wanted to acknowledge the unfortunate passing of Mike Lacey, an incredible man who has represented many great scrapbook lines for the store for the past 8 or more years. He died this week of lung cancer. 

 

About eight years ago, when I first learned I was losing my "woman" rep at EK Success, and had to start ordering scrapbook supplies from a "man", I was not happy! I look back now and laugh, as he has been the most wonderful rep to me. He actually became more than that - we became great friends and he was like a second father to me. My employees and I will miss him dearly. I am glad he is at peace and I wish his wife Charlene and family the best. We will miss you as well.

 

Please find some time to scrapbook great memories and celebrate important people in your life this month.

 

Happy Scrapbooking.