Treasured Memories Scrapbook Store

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 2008 Newsletter

Have you ever had to reach out on a limb to get something? That's how I felt at the last two trade shows. At PMA (Photo Marketing Association), I started to learn about digital scrapbooking and all that it entails. Seventy percent of scrapbookers own a digital camera & 80% of us scrapbookers use a computer! It makes sense that you would want to use your computer to scrapbook as well. The buzz word in our industry right now is "hybrid scrapbooking". That's a combination of traditional scrapbooking and digital scrapbooking. If you've ever created a title or journaling on a computer then you're a hybrid scrapbooker (don't you feel techie)! In the coming months we will be unveiling our latest project - DigiTM! A place to learn about digital software, create projects and organize digital photos so stay tuned!

At CHA (Craft & Hobby Association), I branched out and explored companies I haven't ordered from before. We made some bold decisions in regards to themes, colors & embellishments. I am so thrilled with our purchases and I know you will be too! Some of the products have already arrived and others are on their way. Our Product List will be updated with all the latest PMA & CHA purchases by Friday.

CHA was a good show this year. As I said in my blog, there wasn't one thing that I went crazy over. The stand out product was the new K & Co. "Blue Awning" line - it is truly gorgeous (and of course I bought it).

Speaking of blogs, I have gone high-tech (at least for me)! At first it seemed strange to write an entry, but now I am having fun with it. It's such a great way to give everyone a quick update inbetween newsletters and stay connected. It's just another way I am learning to branch out in life!

We had our first "TM Scrapbook Garage Sale" on Saturday. What a great event! We were completely full with no room to spare and the sellers had every inch stuffed with their items! There was so much to choose from it was unbelievable! Everyone seemed to do well, and I love that one of our participants, Donna Becker, donated all of the money she made to the "Leukemia & Lymphoma Society" in her daughter's name. Way to go Donna!

Our next event is the TM Scrapbook Escape Weekend at the Renaissance Hotel, April, 11 -13. For $225 you have a large scrapbook space to call home for the weekend, all meals and snacks, an exclusive 6x6 acrylic album class taught by Jessica Guthrie of Kits2Remember, Demo Camp and of course TONS of product giveways, drawings and prizes! The hotel is an extra fee but we have a terrific rate and if you need a roommate let us know, we have several scrappers who are looking to share a room.

For the past 10 years I have gone away to crop and it is the only time that I am amazingly productive. I also enjoy the time away with friends and a chance to rejuvenate. I cherish those weekends every year and with Scrapbook Escape I am trying to create this type of weekend for each of you. Even if you've never gone away to scrapbook before, I encourage you to branch out and try it. We are known for our "over-the-top" events and this one is sure to uphold our reputation!

We also are beginning to organize our fall Tour de Crop Bus Tour with Collective Journey (Redlands) and Scrappin' Good Times. (San Dimas) This will be our last bus tour. The date is set for Saturday, October 4th. If you want to be on the interest list for our last tour, please email me at christine@treasuredmemoriesca.com. We are not taking payment just yet! Stay tuned for more info to come in June.

You know, I've come to realize in the past month that learning and experimenting with new things is fun (and a bit scary)! I encourage each of you to reach out on a limb and try something new with your scrapbooking this month. Take a class, join us for a Friday crop night (even by yourself, we're a friendly bunch) or be really bold and join us at Scrapbook Escape!

Happy Scrapbooking.